Student Design Competition
For MARI‐TECH 2021 student attendees
Winner will receive a $1000 cash prize!
In groups of 1‐2, develop a concept design for an electric commuter ferry for the city of Atlantia, whose citizens embrace sustainable infrastructure.
The ferry requirements are as follows:
- 100 passenger, service 24 hr per day
- 3 one‐way trips per hour
- 400 m crossing in a sheltered river estuary with mild currents
- Ferry must have independent on‐board power and propulsion and not rely on a cable ∙ Vessel must recharge at one or both docks, at an interval decided by designer without interruption to trips
Your team’s design must show:
- GA and vessel particulars
- Energy storage and propulsion system
- Charge/discharge cycles with average/peak loads and storage margin ∙ Design choices backed‐up with calculations and literature
Submission must include:
- 1600 x 400 Header Image/Team Poster
- Design description with images
- Design Calculations
- Any other documentation you deem relevant (literature, CAD files, renderings, it’s up to you!). More information the better.
- Sign up and submission closes: 18 April 2021
- Designs displayed at the Mari‐Tech Conference: 27‐29 April 2021
- Judging and winner chosen: 29 April 2021
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants who qualify for the competition will receive a complementary registration for Mari‐Tech 2021.